94 XP carb tunning problems!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 XP carb tunning problems!!!

I have been trying to tune my carbs for the last couple days. I set my high mix at 0 turns out and lows at about 1 1/2 turns out as I was told to on here. It seemed to be running fine then, I have just been struglling with the idle. I was told by a local dealer that if it sounds like the engine is hitting the side of the hull (a knocking sound of sorts) that it is idling to low. It seems that when I set the idle while I have it tied to the dock idling that it seems fine, but then when I come to idle out on the water from WOT then it makes the knocking sound again, so I readjust it on the water. Thought I had the idle good and put teh ski up yesterday, then I went out today to start it and it wouldn't start. Pulled plugs out and checked them, cleaned off the tips, checked all the fuses and put it back together and then it started? Any clue as to what my starting problem is. I feel, based on where I know the idle was set before I started fiddling with it (which was just barely touching the throttle stop) that I have it too high now and I am immediately flooding the engine when i try to start. Also my tach does not work, so I am unable to set the idle based on RPM's. I will see if I have starting problems tomorrow morning, but I am afraid I will, any clue what the starting issue might be??????

FYI my motor is completely stock

sorry I got a little long winded

Thank you very much,
    Kevin

[ May 30, 2003, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: 94 XP-1 ]

We said 1 1/4, not 1 1 1/2. Change your plugs, don't clean them, and make sure your idle is 3000 out of the water, 1500 in. Sounds like you are fouling and too low.

[ May 30, 2003, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: Technical Support ]
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Sounds exactly like a motor that needs new needles and seats to me.
      Bill O'Neal WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Thanks, I guess I need to get a carb kit, is there a good place online to get a carb kit and a top end gasket kit for cheap or do I just need to go to my local sea doo dealer.

Also FYI the post below says 1.5 turns for the low speed, do I need to set them at 1.25?

previous post

thanks again,
        Kevin

Comment

Yes go to 1 1/4, Click on Products on the left for carb kits.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
          X