my sbt 951 was..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my sbt 951 was..

Well 30 minutes is a liitle harse..... But 3-4 days is a long time for salt water to be in a motor. Too long.

It will continue to run rough until you purge all of the water from the motor, and that can only be done by reving the motor to over 5-6000 rpms.
    It is possible to break reed petals when hydro locking motors. If it backfires, you probably have broken reeds.

When you water flood a motor, get it running on the same day, or you will need a new motor.
    Bill O'Neal WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

whats the best way to get water out if you flood it with water .
    <a href="http://www.leximotorsports.com" target="_blank">www.leximotorsports.com</a><br />606 TEAM LEXIMOTORSPORTS<br /> <br /><br />2004 RXP

Comment

Tip the ski on it's side and crank it over - you will probably need multiple batteries and sets of plugs to get it running again. Most don't.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

running great untill friday when it got flooded (salt water) and i could not get it to start so i took it home pulled the front cover off and the stator, flywheel and magneto were rusted so in went a new stator, starter drive gear and flywheel and i cleaned the magneto till it was spick and span (2 days work) put everithing back together and started cranking the motor to get the water out and got it to start but it seems there's still a lot of water in the crank and its running very rough and stalles within 10 sec. i got good spark (new plugs)and everything else seems o.k except a lot of water on the plugs every time , so my question to brian/tech-support is is my motor toast? the salt water sat in it for 3 days going on 4. i think i have a main seal problem with it now.. thanks in advance.

Comment

Your motor was toast after the first 30 min of you not getting it running. Call Julie in the morning and we'll swap it.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
          X