Water droplets in cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water droplets in cylinder

I just got done cleaning my Rave Valves, and when I looked inside the cylinder there was water droplets, and a good amount to. Also I have noticed when I accelerate, it boggs down before it takes off. It’s a 2001 XP so the engine should be fine, but the acceleration is not there. Is this normal?????????

Thanks.....Jason

[ June 02, 2003, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: Racin-Jason ]

You may have a breached head gasket - I would pull it and inspect - if you have water going through the engine you will be seizing it if you don't catch it fast.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

would this cause the bogging down when acceleration, its one year old and probably has 70hrs, i got it as a leftover and the bogging was always there even when new.

Thanks.....Jason

Comment

Certainly could, yes. I would inspect your top-end and take a compression check to see where you're at.

Comment

Last question i promise, i shouldnt really say the cylinder had water droplets but the valves were soaked and the chamber they sit in.....I thought it was just from the exquast sucking it back in the engine...If i pull the head then i should put a new gasket right.

Thanks alot....Jason

Comment

That would be the cylinder, yes, and correct you need a new gasket. We have them very inexpensively.

Comment

And it could easily be a leaky exhaust manifold gasket, any one of the three........
              Bill O'Neal WCM
              <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

I just thought of a theory of how the water droplets might of got into the RAVE valve chambers. Could it be since that water is being injected into the exhaust and after you shut the pwc down, the moisture in the exhaust condenses on the RAVE valves....Tell me if this is possible and could happen.

Thanks....Jason

[ June 02, 2003, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: Racin-Jason ]

Comment

You should be so lucky....... Nope.
                  Bill O'Neal WCM
                  <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

So then you suggest to change the head and exhaust gaskets.......

I dont how long this has been goin on....after like 70 hrs i cleaned the RAVE valves and saw the water droplets.......so if it was a leaky gasket wouldn't my engine be already seized??

Thanks....Jason

Comment

Maybe it is.

Could be the base gasket too.

The base gasket, head gasket and exhaust gaskets seal water from entering the motor. Anyone of them could be bad.
                      Bill O'Neal WCM

Comment

hey,

I posted the same question on pwc.net and the jetskimechanic said that it was defiantly condensation....but I hear your the best so ill take your word for it, but are you sure its not condensation??

Comment

Did you do a compression test. If you do, besides watching for maximum pressure you also want to note how the compression builds up on the tester. May help to show if the head gasket is leaking.

Did you pull the raves while the motor was still warm? If so, you would not be seeing condensation as this only forms on cold surfaces.

Comment

i'd definately say it could be condensation. Especially if you had give the ski some time to cool down. you shouldn't see any while its still hot.

Comment

I'm not saying it cannot be condensation.
                              I remove hundreds of rave valves a year. I almost never see water on them, unless the motor has water inside of it, like when you flood it by turning it back over the wrong way or sinking the boat.
                              Bill O'Neal WCM

Comment

Working...
                              X