1993 SD GTX performance quetions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 SD GTX performance quetions

I just got my first PWC...'93 GTX that has been lightly used for $500. It has the 587 engine @ 60HP per bombadier.

It starts easy and runs strong.....but tops out at 35mph.....with 3 riders or solo.....no difference in speed although it planes out quicker solo.

I intend to check and/or replace the wear ring and make sure the impeller is not dinged up. I've been told changing to a 44mm carb and new manifold will help.

Any other suggestions?

Will SBT 580 White Engine show me much improvement in terms of HP and performance?

TIA!
    :^D

That totally depends on how strong your engine is right now, if you would see an improvement.

Without knowing what RPM you are turning now (you need a tach) you can't make an accurate judgement as to your performance. I would get a tach from www.watercraftmagic.com - he can also sell you any upgrades you want.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

That makes sense. How about compared to a stock new 587 engine......what can one expect from an sbt white reman engine in terms of HP and top speed? Again....assuming all thing equal otherwise on a stock machine.

Just curious as I'm tempted to go with a reman engine at some point. Heck...this thing is 10 years old and has never been cracked open or had much in the way of repairs yet.

Comment

Ours are slightly better, with oversize pistons and trued & welded cranks. It's not something you would feel on a stock older ski like that though, if the original engine was fine.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X