4Tec SC fuel filter ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4Tec SC fuel filter ??

Purchased gasoline along the IntraCoastal Waterway with some free H2O included this weekend. Engine died within 1 minute of leaving the pump. No major problem, just suctioned everything from the gas tank, refilled with Amoco Ultimate, took out the plugs and turned the engine over until I could detect gasoline at the plug holes. 1 hour later 2003 4Tec SC runs like a champ. However, in thoroughly cleaning the fuel system it appears that this complex machine does not have a fuel/water separator or a fuel filter. I checked the parts diagram at my dealer and there is no listing for a fuel filter. This can't be a good thing - can it ??

It is built into the fuel pump in the gas tank. I usually just pour in a pint of water dispersent that I buy at NAPA. It cost $1.79 and you don't have to do anything else.......
    Bill O'Neal WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Re: 4Tec SC fuel filter ??

can you please explain what water dipersant is and what it is ued for??

Comment

but you use this since you had water in system what do you use to clean filter from other mess ??

Comment

Water dispersent is a product that breaks up the water puddle in a gas tank and allows it to be passed through the fuel injectors or carbureators. Use a spray cleaner on a fuel pump fuel filter.
          Bill O'Neal, owner of Watercraft Magic in Glendora California, www.watercraftmagic.com

Comment

thanks for your reply.
            What do you think is best to clean a filter which has been used for a while not from water but from other stuff ?
            i dont know how this ski does not have a replacable filter ?????????????????
            and does it have a water seperater ?
            thanks for your help

Comment

Clean it with spray carb or parts cleaner.
              The system is a very high pressure system. Do not put water into your gas tank and you will not need a water seperator. Be careful where you buy your fuel.
              Bill O'Neal <br>
              WCM
              <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
              X