No announcement yet.

94 Sea Doo XP Crankshaft/Engine Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've run across early production units that didn't, that's why we ask all our customers at the time of sale.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Those "early production" units are probably from some shop (like mine) that swapped a 657 crank into a 657X motor sometime in the past when rebuilding the motor. As far as I know, SD never made a 1994 GTX or XP without a 657X motor. I was in Valcourt Canada the week that SD was building the very first run of XP's in 1994. They all had 657X's in them. In fact, it was one of their bragging points that they mentioned to us.
      Bill O'Neal <br>
      WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Ok, So two questions :

1. Going to order this week, but was concerned about what might happen if SBT isnt happy with my core return. I would guess its assumed that my Engine is shot since I need a new one ... Will I send my core back and then be charged another $300+ for anything??? (All parts are there, since I was rebuilding, but I of course bought a seal kit because some seals were shot...)

2. Sounds like I would request a 656x engine, mainly since my main crankshaft was the 657x - Sounds like its the original engine. (My new crankshaft is a 657)

Thanks alot guys!
        Scott

Comment

We only charge extra for broken aluminum - holes in the cases for example.

Comment

[img]smile.gif[/img] No holes in the case, but some pits on the head, scraps, etc ... but it is whole. I also have a part with a small chunk (maybe .5 by .3) - Not sure what the part is, but its another reason I have decided not to rebuild.

Comment

I just read the installation docs and saw that the rotary valve and cover arent included - Any idea here to get one cheaper? I know I found one web sie for about $200 for both.

Comment

We have valves for $35. Click Technical on the bottom and call the salvage yards listed for a used cover.

Comment

Working...
                X