Broke bolt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broke bolt.

I sucked up a kite into the drive, and to clear it I had to remove the intake grate (aka weed separator ?).
    I cleared the whole kite and no damage was done. Lucky I stopped the engine in time @ idle and only the kite's back end got twisted around the shaft.
    But... in the process intake grate front bolt head broke , easy out did not work.
    Anybody has any idea if this bolt (or in general in seadoo's) actually goes through the hull, and what's above it, a plate or a nut ?. The engine is right above it and can't see it.

The grate is is held up by 3 other bolts at the riding plate side, would silocone alone up front do ?.

-Thanks

Gabe.
    2003 Sportster 4-tec

I'm not sure of the proper repair yet, someone else may know of the specific configuration of that grate - but you DEFINITELY do need to have the bolt in place.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Some models of Sea Doo's after 1999 have a nut on the front grate bolt. You will find it under the pto area, usually under a blob of goop.
      Bill O'Neal <br>
      WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Thanks Bill!, you were right, there was a nylon locknut on top, and I managed to get the whole thing out ok.
        The insert is also threaded, the service manual says to use an impact wrench to loosen this....no mention of a nylon locknut, there's no way this would have come off in one piece.
        -It's back together, ready for another day at the beach

-Gabe
        2003 Sportster 4-tec

Comment

Working...
        X