Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed-fuel : anyone have a 94 GTX ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed-fuel : anyone have a 94 GTX ??

Question for any 94 GTX owners......
    I was replacing my gas tank on my 94 GTX, and a couple of the fuel lines came loose from the top of the fuel baffle.
    I'm wondering if you could help me.
    I have removed my fuel baffle, and upon putting it back into the fuel tank, some of the fuel lines got disconnected from the top of the baffle.
    I still have the "vent" line attached, which is just to the right of the black electrical wire coming out of the baffle.
    There is also a green wire, with one of the fuel lines going above it.
    I have 3 fuel lines to put back onto the fuel baffle.
    Now, my problem is , where does the return line go?
    where does the reserve line go?
    where does the "fuel on" line go?
    If somebody has a 94 GTX , can you:
    please remove the front storage tray and take a look at the top of your fuel baffle tube , there are 2 electrical wires going into it, I know the "vent line" goes above/right of the black wire, but I don't know which line goes above/left of the green wire.
    maybe knowing this will narrow down my problem
    Thanks in advance,
    Todd
    365 days a year sunny in SW Fla.
    275 hours on my STX-12F

Todd,
    The return line always goes oppisite of the vent line.

The on and reserve lines go opposite of each other.

I don't have one in front of me right now, but both are marked on the baffel, if you look closely at it. In fact all 4 are marked.

If you need me to tell you exactly where they go, call me at my shop between 8am and 4 pm PST. 626 914 9509
    Bill O'Neal WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

your phone's busy right now, by "opposite", you mean "behind"?
      so if I am looking at the front of the baffle( the two electrical wires coming out of the baffle will be on the front), and I know the vent line is on the right front, the return would be on the rear right?
      So that leaves the left front for "gas on" and the left rear for " reserve"?
      Am I on the right path?
      thanks,
      Todd
      275 hours on my STX-12F

Comment

don't know if this helps any but..
        94 GTX

[ June 19, 2002, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Bryan Glynn ]

Comment

The opposite of the front barb is the rear barb, or in this case, skip one and connect it to the next one in line.

4 barbs, one front, one rear, and two to the sides of the front and rear barbs........

Understand ? If you look closely at the top of the baffle, they are all marked. One says VEN, one says RES, one says RET and the last one says on.
          Bill O'Neal WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Bill, I don't want to take the baffle out again if I don't have to,
            I have some homemade gas-tank straps all fixed up and everything is all hooked back up again, so I think I have it figured out now.

so you are saying if we had a circle of posts , and we know #1 is the vent line, then we skip #2 and connect the return line to #3?.
            Opposites would then form an X.
            Do I have it right?
            hehe
            Sorry for the confusion, I tried to call you, you are a busy man my friend
            275 hours on my STX-12F

Comment

just follow your lines common sence tells u where thay all go loosin your baffel so it can be turned then u will be abell to read it

Comment

I can read them with a flashlight without removing anything. Like he said, rotate it if necessary.
                Bill O'Neal WCM

Comment

I can't read the 94 baffles writing,
                  so I hooked em all up , the vent is right front, the return is rear left, the other two are both "Gas on", so we are good to go,
                  [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                  Thanks for all your help !!!
                  275 hours on my STX-12F

Comment

Working...
                  X