Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keep blowing the fuse for the VTS

98 xpl, why [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
    MrKuff<br />2 98 XPL's<br />K&N Race F/A's & Outerwears<br />Bill O's Jet Kits<br />Skat Trak Impellers<br />Carbon Tech Reeds<br />WORX intake Grates

Who knows? Poor electronics, water in the vts box. Bottom line, these things go out way too often and you have to get a new one. They can't be fixed(without blowing your next two weeks-full time). Blowing fuses is a sign the electronics in the VTS box are shot.

Comment

It can also be a sign of just having a bad VTS motor ($133.00), or it could be the VTS module housing ($194.00), or both. Test the motor by connecting 12V to the wires, then reverse the wires. Does the motor turn freely both ways? If so, it's the VTS housing module that is bad. Be sure to get a new rubber boot for the VTS shaft too.
      Bill O'Neal WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Weird deal, if I disconnect the VTS wires from the wiring harness before installing the fuse the trim works, guage works....seems fine, and does NOT blow the fuse. If I install the fuse any other way it will blow. I think I originally blew the fuse by charging the battery, so now when I charge I will disconnect not only the battery but the VTS from the harness also, probably something is on its way out, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it I guess. [img]graemlins/cwm3.gif[/img]
        MrKuff<br />2 98 XPL's<br />K&N Race F/A's & Outerwears<br />Bill O's Jet Kits<br />Skat Trak Impellers<br />Carbon Tech Reeds<br />WORX intake Grates

Comment

I think you are dreaming, but good luck.
          Bill O'Neal WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Man, these things suck! Mine went out again last night. Keeps blowing fuse. I tested everything to isolate the VTS housing module.

Comment

Do what I did. Manually set the trim to the middle setting and disconnect the electronics. A lot less expensive and fewer head aches.

Comment

Actually, If you keep them dry and have a good rubber boot with the upgraded plastic clamps that do not cut into and tear the rubber boot, the VTS's in Sea Doo's will last and work fine for years.

Do this, after you are finished riding for the weekend, remove the VTS cover and spray some WD40 in there and leave the cover off until you get ready to ride again. Let it air dry out.

When you replace the pump oil each season, buy the $5.00 boot and two plastic clamps from SD when you buy the cone O-Ring and oil. Replace the boot every year and the VTS will stay dry.

If you look at the top of the VTS module, you will see the potting material that houses the electronics. Over time, the potting material will crack, and allow water into the circuit board. Using your finger, spread silicone over the potted area to give it an extra seal.

A little maintence goes a long way in preventing VTS failures.
                Bill O'Neal WCM

Comment

Working...
                X