951 injection oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 951 injection oil

i read a post where it was stated because the 951 does not use a rotary valve it was not required to use sea doo synthetic or any low ash oil for that matter.
    using a good quality synthetic even if it states tcw 3 is ok to use in the 951 motor. yamalube,penzoil,amsoil as long as its good grade synthetic.
    your advice please
    tom
    TT

Rotary valve has nothing to do with the low-ash or no-ash issue.
    TCW3 oils are designed for outboards, not ROTAX motors.
    Use a good quality, synthetic, LOW ASH oil.
    Low ash refers to the detergent package in the oil.
    No ash or TWC3 oils do not handle the high heat environment in ROTAX motors as well.
    Good enough does not = as good as.
    Look for oils that have these certifications.
    API-TC, ISO-EGD/TC, or JASO-FC.
    I intend to live forever - So far, so good.

Comment

According to Sea-Doo when we researched the subject, the ash is also important to maintain the proper oil film on the rotary gears and valve.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

i am running amsoil in the ski now and have used it in my 97 gsx as well and the oil meets those sea doo requirements.
        i was under the ASSumption only the rotary valved motors needed low ash,so i was mistaken and will stay where i am. saving a few bucks is not worth the price of a motor.
        TT

Comment

TS I would be very interested to see what they actualkly said. I'm not saying they are wrong, but that explination doesn't make sense based on what I've read numerous other places.
          Oil typically has many additives based on it's use. Corrosion prohibitors, Anti wear, Viscosity, detergent etc.
          This is a very complex issue. Sharing info is helpful to all of us.
          That's why these forums are so cool.
          From what I understand the Ash is a result of the detergent additive package burning in the combustion chamber so it doesn't have any effect on the intake tract.
          I intend to live forever - So far, so good.

Comment

I'm a 3rd party to the conversation, and the guy who researched it no longer works here.
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
            X