2000 GTX won't rev up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 GTX won't rev up

I have a 2000 Gtx,and it won't rev over 5950 in the water.It revs fine on the trailerout of the water,or on the trailer just in the water it will slowly rev up to the high 6000's.Brand new SBT motor,the carbs are clean,raves clean pinched inlet water line off to check water box rave and its fine.The impeller is free.The baot just don't act like it has all its power even from take off.Please help.

Is the ski stock? Has any work been done on it recently? What happened to the original motor? How do you know the carbs are clean/ Where are the needles set?
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

The ski is stock.The only work done is the motor put in.One of the rods broke on the old motor.The carbs were cleaned a couple of days ago,and I watched the guy clean them,and set every thing back stock.The needles I don't know about,I'm asoming every thing is stock with them.

Comment

Rods don't break on their own, something caused it to snap, usually water, sometimes lack of oil or overheating.

You cannot 'clean' carbs. You need to get rebuild kits and actually rebuild them.

Don't assume anything. If your needles are set incorrectly, you will never get top power. If your carbs need to be rebuilt, you will never get top power.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X