water in hull???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water in hull???

Last night I gave my 97 gsx a once over checking everything from the airbox, pump oil, gas/oil filters, sparkplugs. Make sure everything is on the up and up. Then I started it and water came out the exhaust. I thought I got it all out Sunday when I took it out and flushed it with the hose. I reved it a couple times to get it out. Then I shut it off and found water(just a cup or two under the bilge that wasn't there when I put it away on sunday the whole thing was dry as a bone or so I thought. SHOULD I BE CONCERNED!!

jcar25
    Mr. glynn (sorry for the confusion on my part
    about the flushing? in seadoo.net) I apologize if this is a stupid ? but thought
    I better ask!!

JCAR
    Dont appologise to Bryan too much. his head swells up and he has to take time off to go to a shrink to get it fixed.
    just kidding Bryan

Anyway i would go check the water bypass hoses. one could be cracked and you jsut didnt notice. Put it back on the flush kit do the flush again and then wait for the water to pool up wherever its collecting. also it could be just water that was caught in the nooks and crannies and as you moved the boat it escaped and pooled in the hull where it was visible.
    Rob

Comment

So it's leaking water internally, out of the water...well, when you have it idling on the hose, go through and check each hose and connector with your hand and feel for water...also check your exhaust pipe all around for leaks and craks, especially at the joints. Also check your waterbox and exhaust hoses. Do you see any exhaust fumes in the hull when running?

Comment

Working...
      X