97 Spx piston scaring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 Spx piston scaring

Last year the piston messed up bad ate the piston all the way down past the first ring so during the winter I rebuilt the top end just put new pistons mainly and Ive only had it out twice and i removed the rave valved and the piston was scarred up on the side so I removed the head and the top looks alright still just a whole lot more black that the other piston what could be causeing this

Sounds like you siezed another piston because you did not fix what caused the first one to sieze. Cleaning the filters inside of the carbs is a good place to start. If they are all clogged up, there is your reason.
    Bill O'Neal WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

so should I just take the carbs apart and clean them or should I rebuild them I hear alot that the carbs cause this I was just wondering how they did if someone could explain.

Comment

You can't 'clean' carbs, you must rebuild them.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Does sbt sell a rebuild kit if yes how much

Comment

Yes, all our Products are in the Products section on the left. $35 ea. for that model.
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
            X