Doooh!! Sucked rocks, locked impeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doooh!! Sucked rocks, locked impeller

Like a dork, last night I messed up and sucked some river rocks into my pump which locked up my impeller. :angry: From behind and from the intake side I can see the wear ring is toast and the impeller is dinged and pitted pretty good now. Haven't taken it apart to clean out and survey the damage in detail. I did pry out one large rock from the intake side that was well wedged but she still don't wanna turn over....must be more. Sigh....... :sad:

I went ahead and ordered a new wear ring, solas SDSC-I 14/19 impeller, and a pump seal repair kit that includes the two neopreme o-rings, oil seal, bearings and thrust washer. Heck the doo is 10 years old and probably needs a little rebuild in that area anyway.

Anyhooo.......I'd appreciate any further suggestions on what might need attention after such abuse and what kind of a job I can look forward to digging into here. also....would a worx maxiloader intake grate be worth the while??? The stock grate is just a cheap plastic thing.

TIA!

:^D

[ June 10, 2003, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: Jordanh ]
    :^D

Make sure your stator doesn't have chunks - I would send everything to www.impros.com if I were you.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X