fuel starvation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel starvation

i have fuel starvation in my GTX RFI 2001. i pulled out the fuel pump were and the filter was full with white pices. when i tried to clean the filter it start to tear, so now i finish with out a filter. The filter is not sold as a part, also i cant fix an outer filter because it must be before the pump.

Any modifications because to buy the pump for the filter only is too $$$$$$$

Put an in-line filter between the tank and the fuel pump so no debris gets to the fuel pump. You can get one for a Yamaha ski that is a filter and water separator.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Well looking at the parts diagram that would be hard to do. It is not the same external fuel pump used on other injected ski's. It looks like the pump is in the tank? Looking at the part could you take some fine stainless steel screen and wrap it over the end of the pickup and secure with a hose clamp? That would prevent any particles going into the fuel system. Also clean the fuel tank out of any debris still left in there.
      Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Unfortunately you will probably need a new assembly from your dealer. You need to use the same fine mesh filter on the end of your baffle assembly so no debris gets into your pump system.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

i tried several things but finally i decide to order a new assambly. its better if i spend some $$$$ than i make more problems. It's a pitty that seadoo do not make the filter as a part, the pump assambly cost $325 when a fiter will cost avrage $25, saving $300 is not a joke. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ February 28, 2004, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: chippy ]

Comment

i just cleaned my carbs today and bougtht 2 filters for the carbs at a sea doo dealer now the mag side filter had a little black film on the bottom of it but the pto sid was all black and had some kinda crap on it that wouldn't blow off with a air compressor im just wondering where that black crap came from if the front carb filter wasn't that bad? it was running lean last fall before i put it away i thought it was an air leak, but i think that was my problem.
            oh yeah (96xp 800) could that crap be my fuel lines going to the rear carb
            and also when should i replace my intank filter

[ February 28, 2004, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: jetracer800 ]

Comment

Replace all your fuel lines, they are deteriorating.

Comment

will 1/4 black reinforced fuel line be a good replacement

Comment

Yes, but bulky.

Comment

Working...
                  X