pto/drivrshaft boot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pto/drivrshaft boot?

I recently bought a 98gsxl and was looking in the hull and found a chewed rubber piece that should have gone where the driveshaft meets the pto. Whats the point of this piece and how important is it and how expensive is it to have replaced.

Should be a couple bucks from your dealer. It holds the grease in for the shaft to PTO coupling. You will need to remove your pump to slide the shaft out to put the new boot on. DO NOT run it dry or without the boot in place full of grease.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

what if not sure how long boot has been off?

Comment

look at the splines, if they are ok then just replace the boot and add grease thru the zerk fitting.

Comment

Make sure you use a flashlight and look all the way into the splines - feel them with your finger toamke sure they haven't started rounding off in the middle.

Comment

looked at drive shaft. Looks like splines are pointed instead of squared (so i assume this is bad)also found the wear ring with o ring cracked that goes around impeller. so i would guess that i need to replace driveshaft, boot, wear ring with o ring put it back together and i would be good to go. you think? should i check anyhting else?

[ March 08, 2004, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: poopyla ]

Comment

Working...
            X