mpem story!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mpem story!

I just purchaced an mpem $364 cdn. I installed this unit in my 95 xp 720 and still no spark! So I purchaced an ignition coil $164 cdn,installed it, and now I have spark! I then put back my original mpem and I still have spark. Prevous to this I tested all of the related components to the ignition circut ie. start stop switch, safety lanyard switch, the output from my charge coil, the ignition coil resistance, and the ohms test on the mpem it's self with all the leads disconected. This was the only component that failed to read within the bombardier shop manual spec's. So logically I replaced it. And of course it was not the problem. I preformed the ignition resistance test on the new coil and guess what? It tested the same as the old, and apparently bad one. So go figure. If anyone needs a brand new mpem, that I can't return, just let me know.

That is why when you ask me how to test an MPEM, I say you cannot do it.
    Funny thing about oem manuals. It states that you can run the tests, but the problems may still exist, and in that case it says to swap parts until you find the problem.
    Bill O'Neal WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

I need one. How much do you want for it in US dollars?
      Let me know thanks.
      Keith455@syty.net
      keith<br />Tampa, FL<br />95 Xp<br />97 SPX

Comment

Working...
      X