rotary valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rotary valve

I was getting ready to install the new rotary valve and am wondering about the cover. It has some scratches on it, I went over it with a piece of emery cloth, still has some gooves. How critical is the cover? Funds are getting tight and another $75 wont help.

It's very critical, especially if it's heavily grooved. We have them on exchange for $100.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I found one for you for 39.99 from http://www.azjetski.com/ Under the Fuel Systems link...

Comment

I have the new cover. Is there anything That I should put on the "o" ring? How about the gaskets?

Comment

The o-rings go on dry, the carb base gaskets get High-Tach.

Comment

While timing the valve the best I can get with the opening is 143deg. (book has it 149+/-5deg), closing was 64deg. If I flip it around I get 147 but closing was 57. OK?

Comment

Go with your 143/64.

Comment

We ALWAYS use a sealant like Loc-Tite 518 on the RV oring, becuse everytime I pressure test a motor with dry orings, they leak air from that joint between the RV cover and the cases.
                Bill O'Neal WCM
                <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Working...
                X