Rebuild kit for my 96 XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuild kit for my 96 XP

I have a 96 XP, but I don't know what carbs I have. I have been told 2 different things about what carbs they are. I want a rebuild kit for both, do you sell them? Does anybody have instructions on rebuilding them? I want to do this now because I just pulled the carbs to take the chokes off and to add a primer.

You have Mikuni Super BN's. Yes, our kits run $30 each, and yes, we have detailed instructions on rebuilding them, available for download in our Technical section - click on Installation Guides.

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up for me Bryan!

Gohser

Comment

Why does my shop manual say I have Mikuni BN-40l. Are they really 40's. I can't find a 40 base gasket anywhere? What size is the Super BN? Thanks

Comment

SBNs come in a variety of sizes. Base gaskets are not included in carb rebuild kits - they are in external gasket kits, and the base basket will de specifically for your intake manifold, not the carbs.

Typical sizes for SBNs are 38mm, 40mm, 44mm, 46mm, 48mm, 50mm, and taper bores, like 38mm-42mm. It's really irrelevant which size you have as far as a rebuild kit - the internals are all the same, except for a couple internal gaskets - but the kit will include everything for all sizes.

Comment

Now I understand. Thanks! Do I need to replace the base gaskets since I have the carbs off? What size do I need. Do I just measure the gasket thats on right now? If it's a 40mm gasket, is that the ID of the gasket?

Comment

By the way, that's a great price on the rebuild kit, I will be picking up 2 from you as soon as I order them.

Comment

Yes, anytime you remove the carbs, you need to replace the gaskets (true of any gasket or o-ring). They aren't sold by a size indicator - they are the carb base gaskets for a 96 XP. You can probably pick up individual gaskets up from a local dealer, or order them from HLSM or EPowersports, part # 293250042 for $0.55 each. We sell complete external gasket kits in stock for $30, which includes both carb base gaskets, and every other external gasket on your engine should you need any others later.

[ March 04, 2001: Message edited by: Bryan Glynn - SBT Webmaster ]

Comment

Working...
                X