Spring Prep for Launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Prep for Launch

I'm a new member to the board but I've been visiting for the last several months and learning all I can about my new favourite sport! Last summer I bought my first Seadoo - a new 2001 GTI. I'm located in Canada and the machine is currently in my garage having been winterized by the local Seadoo shop.

My question is this - what is required to get the machine ready to launch come the spring thaw? I'm new to PWCs but I've been a boater for 20 years and its pretty much replace the batteries and launch in the spring with an inboard/outboard. Is it the same for Seadoos? Anything need to be hooked back up or removed or can I just charge the battery up, replace it in the machine, and go??

Assuming you followed correct winterization procedures, you should put your charged battery in, check all the cables for frayed ends and corrosion (replace any that show any deterioration). Top off the oil and fuel, check your water seperator for any collection, change your fuel and oil filters, change your plugs after the first tank, check your pump for smooth operation, the exhaust outlet for critters. If you have a good amount of condensation in the hull, let it air out for a day or so. It wouldn't hurt to make sure the head bolts are torqued, and go over all your hose clamps.

Everyone else feel free to add...
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Hey tech support, i added antifreeze..so do i just start it up and blow it out, or do you have to drain it some other way, (newbie) but learning.

And also, do you mean change the internal fuel filters in the carbs or the external every year?

[ February 20, 2003, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: stevepaulus ]

Comment

External filter, and no special procedures for the anti-freeze. Unplug or reconnect your lines to normal and go.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X