water in engine compartment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water in engine compartment

I have a '98 GTX RFI that I just purchased at auction and therefore know very little about. I got it started today and immediately turned on the water hose hooked to the fitting on the back so it wouldn't overheat. There's lots of water coming into the engine compartment under the engine. I felt around and I can feel a hose under there that's not hooked to anything. I can't tell where the other end of the hose is hooked to or where the disconnected end is supposed to go. Also the hose connected to the bleed outlet on the left side isn't connected to anything. Where should that go? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The hose on the bottom is for the case cooler, there are two 90 deg. fittings at either end of the bottom of the case. The one at the rear gets the intake which is what you see leaking, and the front loops through the flywheel cover.

[ February 23, 2003, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Technical Support ]
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

i have the same year and model ski and mine leaks too. the cooling lines where not attached very tightly and after a while of riding you will slowly start filling up with water. you have to get in there and clamp the hoses to the fittings better. some of the fittings are in extremely hard to reach areas to.

Comment

where did my reply go?????????????

Comment

Matt - I tried emailing you to tell you that I only removed it because it was a duplicate of the graphic i posted, but type-od - however your email address was bounced as incorrect.

Comment

the email is correct, grossmatt@msn.com, you could have pm'ed me i check that

Comment

Then your account or ISP was/is having issues:

** THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY **
              ** YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE **

The original message was received at Sun, 23 Feb 2003 11:18:59 -0500 (EST)
              from 216-114.8-67.tampabay.rr.com [67.8.114.216]

----- Transcript of session follows -----
              grossmatt@msn.com... Deferred: Bad file number
              Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours
              Will keep trying until message is 5 days old

[ February 24, 2003, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: Technical Support ]

Comment

yeah or maybe its that new msn security stuff like i have accuweather updates and i cna get the pictures because it dosn't like the format, its a pain

Comment

Working...
                X