HELP...Cracked Head..Need Salvage Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP...Cracked Head..Need Salvage Info

Well, its looks like i will be sending my Motor to these guys/ladies. I have a 97 Sea Doo Challenger, and the water jacket in the cylinder head is cracked, thus leaking water out of the head. Prob is, If they cant use the heads with the core, meaning weld it, im either gonna have to pay $400+ for each one, or find some salvage ones.

Anyone have an Idea where i can get a couple of cylinder heads for cheap, they dont have to be new, but salvageable...

Thanks Chris

[ March 18, 2003, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: C.Hills ]

Cylinders, not heads.

Try these guys.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Why don't you just purchase an SBT motor and get a 1 year warranty with your purchase? It will only cost a few hundred dollars more and its for a complete fresh motor. Just a thought. They have an EXCELLENT warranty program.
      96xper

Comment

That's what he's doing, but with the cylinders cracked like they are, he needs a good set for the core exchange.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks Tech Supp..

Yes, i appolagize for using the wrong termanology when refering to the cylinders. And yes, you are correct, i do plan on going through SBT, they have been the most thorough and Jennifer was very pleasent to talk with on the phone supplying me with information, rahter than me having to ask millions of questions.

The final determination will be whether or not the cylinders can be welded. Thats where im stuck. I check with the link you posted, and i can get 2 core cylinders for $150 each. So, let me get the pics of the head to SBT and see which route i can go...

Thanks again guys for the info and helping me get back onto the water..

Thanks Chris

[ March 18, 2003, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: C.Hills ]

Comment

I'll sell you two perfect 787 clyinders for $300.00, oem takeoffs in new condition. But all you really need is cores, I have those for $200 a pair.

Do you have 787 or 720 motors?

[ March 18, 2003, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Bill O'Neal ]
            Bill O'Neal WCM
            <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Hey Bill,

Now thats the kinda Post im looking for...LOL..I have the 787 motor. Bill if i was just gonna replace the cylinders, id go with the new ones, but the #1 cylinder sleeve and piston, mainly the piston, is scored and groved soething ungodly, so i think i'd be putting more money out by trying to get 2 new heads, top end kit, and the sleeves redone, instead of just getting the complete motor, built, ready to go, and basically all i have to do in a nutshell is bolt the bad boy in, and hook up the manifolds and lines...

But yes, I will definately call you once i get the final word on whether or not the current core cylinders are weldable...

LOL...Got any other great offers for me? LOL

Thanks Bill, and BTW, i did see your website while trying to resolve this problem, but though you were more into the engine mod'ing, rather than rebuilding, otherwise i would have called yah...But, thx, I appriciate the offer, and if i cant get the ones i have welded, I will be calling you..

Thanks Chris

Comment

I understood that you were needing clyinders to replace bad clyinders. I also was not trying to talk you out of buying the motors from SBT. I think that is the best way for you to go.

As I am an SBT dealer, that is the path I probably would have chosen had you brought your boat to me.

I was only offering up some replacement clyinders at a good price if you needed them.

I need some 720 clyinders myself. Anybody got a set?
                Bill O'Neal WCM
                <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Oh, I understand Bill, and i really do appriciate the offer. I was able to take some digital photos of the cylinders, and will be handing them off to SBT for evaluation, and final the answer to the question of, "Are these cylinders Rebuildable?" So, stayed tuned, you might be getting a phone call....LOL..

Thanks again Bill. You have demonstrated the effective ability of having forums like this, and make it all worth wild for people like myself, as i am sure many others to having a feature like this...

Thanks Chris

[ March 19, 2003, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: C.Hills ]

Comment

Speeskier, If you want to sell them to me or trade for something I might have that you need, call me at my shop today 626 914 9509 between 9am and 4 pm PST, or email me at watercraft@att.net
                    Bill O'Neal WCM

Comment

Hey, I have a set of 720 cylinders off my hx that need to be bored

Comment

c.hills

i seen u said something about australia are u in melbourne (horsham)? if so i know a few second hand shops in sydney

gaz

Comment

LOL, No, the engnie i was refering to was manufactured in Austraila. Thats all, im in Horsham, PA USA

Comment

Ok, pics are in, and so is the verdict from SBT..

The #1 Cylinder is a lost, un-weldable, the #2 cylinder is weldable at $50...So it looks like im gonna hvave to get 1 cylinder...

Prob is, will I be able to get just 1, or will i have to buy a set of 2...LOL

Comment

I have a single 787 usable core clyinder that I will sell you, but it was made in Austria, not Australia [img]smile.gif[/img]
                              Bill O'Neal WCM

Comment

Working...
                              X