seadoo oil pump arm 360 degre rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seadoo oil pump arm 360 degre rotation

i replaced all the lines in my engine compartment over the weekend, and i had to take the pull cable loose from the oil pump. well i hit the arm on the pump the line goes to and it spun all the way around. is this normal?

[ March 19, 2003, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: KatDaddyJames ]

If you mean the center bolt is loose, no it's not normal. There is a tension spring on the arm, and it winds almost a full turn to the closed position. It should not freely spin.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

the spring is just come loose...
      will it hurt if the arm has turned around?
      im not sure how many times i have spun it now, looking for resistance

Comment

It doesn't matter how many times you turn it. Are we talking about a 951, or 785? There is an alingment mark on the pump, and on the bellcrank that the cable turns. You just need to make sure that when you put it back together they are adjusted to line up. Also make sure that the spring is in correct so that it brings the pump back to the allinged possition after it opens.

Does this make sense to you?

Comment

Comment

No clue then.

Comment

All SD model oil pump arms work basically the same. Clip the end of the spring over the arm, the other end is shaped to catch on the pump body. Turn the arm counterclockwise until you feel spring pressure. Align the marks in the arm to the mark on the pump by adjusting the tension on the cable. Make sure the spring forces it to return to the alignment marks when you release the throttle.

Don't forget to bleed the pump before you run the motor. There is a bleeder screw on the pump. It should be a 10mm shiney looking bolt head.
              Bill O'Neal WCM
              <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Be careful when tightening the bleeder screw, they are fragile and it is easy to strip/ruin the pump. I think it is an 8mm head, chrome.
                I intend to live forever - So far, so good.

Comment

10mm on early models and 8mm on later models.
                  Bill O'Neal WCM
                  <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Working...
                  X