Testing OPAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing OPAS

I recently made some repairs to my OPAS on one of my 4-tec's. I wanted to pass on how I tested it before heading out for a ride. Some of you have probably done this, but I have heard several people ask how to test it out of the water.

1) Purchase a male and female quick connector used on your water hose nozzles. Also purchase the end for the hose itself. Some of you use this set up to flush your skis.

2) Loosen the hose clamp on the hose that exits the top of the jet pump.

3) Place one end of the quick connect inside the open hose going to the OPAS and connect the other side to your water hose.

4) The simply turn on the water. Most water pressures are not enough to lift the steering fins but will take a major amount of pressure of the springs. In our case, we were able to lift them up and the pressure was just enough to maintain the up position.

5) Then simply turn off the water and watch them go down.

6) Reassemble.
    2002 GTX 4-tec Limited / 2003 GTX 4-tec SC Limited

Good tip - thanks!
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: Testing OPAS

Not sure i understand, is there anywhere with pictures that can explain how to do this? I am only getting 47mph out of my ski and it should be pulling about 58-60 mph (GTX 4-tec 2002). I assume its the OPAS not lifting up. Does anyone know at what RPM or Speed the OPAS is deployed? And would it be possible to check the opas whilst using the ski (ie. touch the opas paddle and see if it retracts as speed increases?)

Comment

Re: Testing OPAS

TIME WARP>>>>>>>SBT has acquired PWCToday, and has moved some sections over to that site for non-SBT Product Support.

Please register (if needed) over there (PWCToday) and post any non-SBT Product Support discussion.

We appologize for any inconvenience.

http://www.pwctoday.com/index.php
        John Kubiak
        Powersports Technical Training Professional
        Las Vegas, Nevada
        Sea-Doo Tech 13736
        PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
        PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
        NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
        Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X