No announcement yet.

98 gti- won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so we're talk water or oil basically.......do I have any defense?

Comment

It sounds like you need someone to go there and speak for you - like a parent or a lawyer, no offence. They are bending you over HARD and they know it.

There is absolutely nothing you could have from your description of the events, to bend the rod, no.

My guess is they left the hose on, or actually poured oil down the intake while it last ran.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I agree, the lawyer will be called tomorrow for advice. And as far as parents, I'm 20 and definately don't know everything, the parents always come in handy no matter how old you are, no offense taken at all.

So just to make sure of this the starter is not strong enough to bend the connecting rod i'm assuming? just to verify.

Thanks for all of your help

Comment

I didn't know if you were 16 or 66 [img]smile.gif[/img]

No the starter doesn't have near the speed or torque to bed a rod. Only a running engine does.

Comment

that's what I thought, i figured it didn't but wanted to ask.......thanks for all of your help, lets me know I didn't screw this up.

Now I just have to get somewhere with the dealer.......preferably without them ever touching it again.

Comment

next question, lets say it was hydrolocked, could that have affected anything else on the ski? Pump, carbs, pipe? thanks!

Comment

No, not likely.

Comment

ok good to know, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                  X