Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wont idle

ok i think i'm gonna pull the carbs today
    97 spx<br />coffmans race pipe <br />r&d heads and nozzles <br />tau ceti F/A's <br />jet dynamics intake grate <br />.....and much more

also when i pull the plugs exhaust comes out of the spark plug holes
    97 spx<br />coffmans race pipe <br />r&d heads and nozzles <br />tau ceti F/A's <br />jet dynamics intake grate <br />.....and much more

Comment

That's normal.

Do your carbs.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

i had my 97 spx running fine but then all of a sudden it started to only get up to around 6400 rpms and now it will not even idle. If you leave it for along time then come back it will run for a little bit but then it stalls and when you start it up it runs for about 3-4 seconds then it stalls and shoots alot of air out the exhaust and then the water that comes out the exhaust is black and oily i have tried new plugs but no luck. the ski has r&d rec heads a coffmans pipe tau ceti F/A's and a primer that all i have done to the engine. anybody have any ideas

Comment

shoots alot of air? as in a backfire?

Comment

do a compression test......sounds like it may be locking up when it gets warm.

Comment

I would be taking the carbs apart to see what may be wrong with them.
              Bill O'Neal WCM
              <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

what should i really be looking for everything looks ok so far except the filters were a little dirty but what would be causing this problem could it be the filters

Comment

Read the tech articles and watch the videos in the forums.
                  SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                  We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                  Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
                  X