compression bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compression bad

SBT... I WONDERED HOW FAST COMRESSION CAN GO BAD MY LITTLE BOY AND I WERE RIDING TODAY AND I HERD "PLUMP" SOUND... AFTER THIS MY MOTOR WOULD NOT IDLE WELL AT ALL AND 4000 RPMS AT BEST HOWEVER LITTLE POWER... I GOT HOME AND DID THE TEST 130 AND 30PSI. COULD THIS BE "PLEASE" SOMETHIG ELSE???? OR IS IT SBT TIME?

It's time for a new engine.

But you need to determine the failure before you put a new one in...make sure the oil pump is working, and rebuild the carbs...or you could have ingested water at some point.

Comment

Unless you forgot to type a '1' in front of the '30', you might as well start undoing everything and get it out of the boat.

Denial hits all of us the first time.
      - Craig<br /><br />'04 Baja 342<br />'04 GTX SC<br />'98 GTXL<br />'95 750 ZXI

Comment

Sorry, but it only takes a second, and yours is shot.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by 97CHALLENGER:
          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Technical Support:
          Sorry, but it only takes a second, and yours is shot.
          </font>[/QUOTE]SO I BET I SHOULD GET A SERVICE BOOK FIRST I DO WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED.

Comment

It takes someone experienced to look at all your parts to tell what happened. There is a tech article here showing you what to look for on the pistons to see what kind of failure you had, for example. Tear it all down for inspection.

Comment

SO WHAT SERVICE BOOK DO YOU SUGGEST? ALSO WHAT COMES IN A TOP END KIT? I KNOW I HAVE TO GET IT OUT ...SEE WHATS WRONG. "HOW BAD"

Comment

I recommend the OEM Service Manual - and how bad could be a wide range - there's no point in guessing, just tear it down. Send in pics when you get it apart and we can help with the diagnosis.

Comment

THANKS I WILL. I FOUND THE SEA DOO SHOP MANUAL NUMBER I WILL ORDER IT. I WILL BE IN TOUCH. THANK YOU.
                  RANDALL

[ August 26, 2003, 08:34 AM: Message edited by: 97CHALLENGER ]

Comment

Working...
                  X