Bring me up to speed on oil injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring me up to speed on oil injection

I'm looking into getting a new waverunner and I've been hearing all the negative things about oil injection, and how it's just easier to say "screw it" and install a block-off kit and go pre-mix.

What about the new Sea-Doo GTX SC? Isn't that a 4-stroke engine?
    Do the 4-strokes have this problem?
    To me the obvious answer is 'no', but I have no where near the experience a lot of you have.

Basically I'm looking for something to ride on salt water, sometimes it gets REAL choppy in the bay. I'd like to pull skiers, and still have room for atleast one other person on the ski.

Hence why I was looking at something like the Sea-Doo GTX SC.

Anyone have any input?

4-strokes are definitely the way to go, and no, they do not use oil injection like a 2-stroke.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support:
      4-strokes are definitely the way to go, and no, they do not use oil injection like a 2-stroke.
      sweet, that's what I was thinking. I'm all keen on normal automotive engines...but wasn't sure if PWC 4-stroke engines operated differently.

How would one break-in a 4-stroke properly?

Comment

Very similar to a car - easy operation for a few hours, varying speeds - each comes with different insrtructions, it's all in the manuals.

Comment

if 4 strokes are the way of the future i hope sbt stays in business so i can keep buying faster, cheaper and easy to care for 2 stroke engines.
          <a href="http://www.paintballpromotions.com/member/80972" target="_blank">http://www.paintballpromotions.com/member/80972</a>

Comment

We serve customers with skis 2-15+ years old...we'll be doing 4 strokes in a few years when they are no longer covered under warranty, but 2-strokes will be around a long time yet.

Comment

Working...
            X