Humidity/Performance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humidity/Performance?

How much does humidty affect how your ski runs?

My buddy had his 97 XP out today, which the carbs were dialed in perfect....but it ran like crap. Boggy takeoffs, couldn't reach top speed, hit 50 if he was lucky.

He had to lean the lows out more to get it to run right...but safe, the plugs were rich, now there perfect again.

Any opinions? [img]/graemlins/winkanim.gif[/img]

A large humidity swing or 20+ deg. temp difference can make a large enough difference where the carbs may need to be tuned, very common.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks tech [img]/graemlins/winkanim.gif[/img]

Comment

Forgot to ask, when the humidty and temps drop..which there suppose to in a few days....will he have to dial them in again?

And by leaning them out even more today, should he just re-adjust before he even goes out, preventing a lean siezure?

He is under 1 turn right now on the lows.

Comment

On a rec ski, always tune to the worst weather, that way you can't damage it when it gets better. Yes, if you are going to be adjusting for changes, you need to go richer if the weather improves.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

thanks tech...i never knew you had to tune for different weather....i learn something new in here every day. [img]/graemlins/winkanim.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X