pump oil?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pump oil?????

Here is the question, I have fixed the pump in my 94 Montego, reassembled, new bearings and seals, and installed. Now I am trying to find the elusive artic cat pump oil!(according to my owners manual) My local artic cat distrutor does not carry it but says that everyone uses the see-doo pump oil. Well when I went to the C-doo dealer ( after much convincing that I really wasn't in the market for a new jet ski I guess they just don't get many customers in october) the only pump oil they have was a synthetic pump oil. Is this compatible with the new bearings that I just put in and if not what is a substitute?? I don't believe that artic cat makes it any more, is it just a special grade of oil with specific qualities?????

Yes, that's the stuff you are looking for.

Comment

Okay, that is the first part here is the second part, the see-doo oil comes in 6 fl oz(177ml) plastic bottle. It says that it is enough for three changes, so do I only install 2 oz of it? I do not know if the pump capacity of the see-doo's are the same as the tiggershark. And believe me after all the trouble it was to change pump, impeller, shaft etc I do not want to have it fail due to the incorrect amount or type of oil.

Comment

You fill the cavity until it's full, not a specific amount. 'Good for 3 changes' is 100% BS anyway!

Comment

I just dropped the whole 6 ounces in to my rebuilt pump and it didn't fill it up. How much does it take to fill it? It was $5 just for 6 ozs.
          94 Polaris SL750<br />96 Tigershark Montego<br />99 Mustang GT Coupe<br />00 Mustang GT Conv.

Comment

6oz will fill a Doo, but you don't have all that tensioning spring crap in yours, so you've got some more space to fill [img]smile.gif[/img] Keep going!

Comment

**** . There goes another $5. Thanx Bryan.
              94 Polaris SL750<br />96 Tigershark Montego<br />99 Mustang GT Coupe<br />00 Mustang GT Conv.

Comment

32 oz of Mobil-1 Synthetic 75/90 is $6 or $7. I hear a lot of Sea-Doo users are going that route.
                ***1100 Venture***<br />OE head mod-- by Riva Yamaha<br />Wiseco (+ .5mm)<br />True-welded crank<br />Riva F/A+ Jet kit<br />Boyeson Power reeds<br />Riva 1100 CDI<br />NGK plugs- BR8HS<br />R&D Aqua-Vein<br />Solas 14-21 Super Camber//Impros<br />Riva rideplate<br />Amsoil "AIO" @ 50:1 pre-mix, currently KLOTZ Ski-Craft<br />MOBIL-1 grease in the pump<br />Sears Diehard<br /><br /> Dream-meter shows 65---- GPS says 54.2 mph best, 9/14/02 @ 850 ft elevation

Comment

Is that the same stuff? Will that work without problems? If so, I'm heading to wallyworld for some Mobil 1 !

Comment

It works very well, but around me at least, it's about the same price

Comment

Walmart had 80/90 oil....Will that be acceptable in the jetpump? What's the difference in 75/90 weight?

Comment

Either will be fine - just make sure it's the synthetic.

Comment

I use the pennzoil synthetic lower unit oil. it comes in a big tube and it lasts forever. ive been using it on the sea doo for about 2 years now. To tell you the truth the sea doo pump oil sucks. it breaks down way too easy. You already have it in now so leave it but next time get pennzoil or mobil 1 and youre good to go
                          Rob

Comment

Working...
                          X