Tiger Shark 640 Montego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger Shark 640 Montego

How much oil should my injection pump put out when tested with a drill motor @ 550rpm ? It's only pulsing about a drop.

There is no published spec for 550 RPM, but just a drop is about right. You must spin it at 3000 RPM for a published reading.

Comment

How can i find out if this pump is working or not i don't want to but another engine, i don't have a drill that will run 3000 rpm in reverse.

Comment

You can't. Either find a shop than can properly test it, replace it or go pre-mix if you suspect it's faulty.

Comment

Thanks, Any idea what a new oil pump would cost? One more Question and hopefully this is'nt a stupid one but here goes...what is "pump oil", where does it go and does my 97 TS have a place for it. As far as I can tell my shaft splines into the impeller (pump)at that end and the other end screws into the coupler at the engine. and the shaft just has a grease fitting on it where it goes through the keel. Thanks

Comment

New oil injection pumps run around $200.

Pump oil is the oil that sits in the pump cone, found inside your reduction nozzle, at the very end of your pump end bearings. Sea-doo and most Polaris skis have this filled with oil, Yamaha and Kawasaki use sealed bearings and do not require this type of setup. I'm really not sure what type your pump is but I know someone else does.

Comment

Hi Bryan, I had the injection pump tested it's good. What do you feel about the use of "Slick 50" for two cycles after the break in period? Is it a good idea or not. Thanks

Comment

Total gimmick! Skip it. Just use a good quality oil and you'll never have to worry.

Comment

Working...
                X