Where to put the hose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to put the hose?

Hi all, I am from the uk and new to the jetski scene. I have a 1996 daytona 770. After being in the sea, I would like to flush the engine with fresh water, which Hole do I need to connect the hose to? Also, what is the best two stroke oil to use in the oil tank?
    Sorry for silly questions but as I say I am knew to this area and having difficulty getting a user manual for the ski. Also the Tigershark seems to get a bad rating over here, I don't know why, mine seems to be great fun and reliable!

You will see the two lines coming off the head, T-ing togethre then exiting the ski. T- your flush kit into the line somewhere between the exit and the head T fitting. When you use it, clamp off the line between the exit and your new flush T fitting so the water doesn't just dump out the ski, and is forced backwards throught he cooling system.

You can run any high-quality TCW3 rated oil (you may have antoher rating system over there, I don't know) - like Yamalube, Sea-Doo, Kawasaki, etc.

Comment

If you have an actual flush kit, one with an attachment for a hose on one end and a threaded fitting on the other end, you can just screw it in to the threaded fitting on the ski. It should be the fitting on the port (sitting on the seat, the left) side. The other fitting on the other side is the bilge pump outlet, you don't want that one. I had a 96 Montego and mine was like this. Just to make sure, follow the water hose to make sure you are using the right fitting. If you can get it over there, I heard that you can use 2-cycle Arctic Cat snowmobile oil in your engine. The Cat sleds use (almost) the same engines. Also, if you really need to, you can try calling Arctic Cat and talk to the service people. Don't worry, these are not silly questions. Oh, and by the way, don't worry about what the other people say about sharks, I've had two of them and I currently own a '99 1100R and it'll beat the pants off any other boat around with the exception of a GP1200R, but we'll see!!! My 96 Montego ran excellent and the 1100R runs even better, plus it's fast as hell. [img]graemlins/evild.gif[/img]
      Triple L Racing<br />Novice Runabout 1200 Stock<br />Region 6, #713

Comment

Thank you Bryan and lownrangr for the quick replies, Most helpful. I will look for the hose inlet connection when i get to my ski this weekend (Garaged across town). I'm glad other people are happy with there tigersharks as I feel a little 'left out' here where everyone seems to have Seadoo's. One more question (For the moment anyway!) i think It's a 12 gallon tank fitted, what sort of average mileage can i expect from a full tank?
        Thanks again. [img]/graemlins/winkanim.gif[/img]

[ May 17, 2002, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: burner1 ]

Comment

Working...
        X