Carb adjust. after primer install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb adjust. after primer install.

HELP! I just installed a primer on my 1100R, took it to the lake, ran ok. Checked the plugs after running at WOT and they were dry and kinda rusty red in color. I know this is not good. But, does this mean it is too lean? I don't know why the plugs were dry (not oily), but they looked fine after an idle. I bought new main jets one size larger, should this help or should I get larger ones? It doesn't seem possible that removing the choke plates can cause such a lean mixture. Thank you so much for any advice.

[ June 08, 2002, 03:58 AM: Message edited by: lownrangr ]
    Triple L Racing<br />Novice Runabout 1200 Stock<br />Region 6, #713

Yes on most skis removing the plates allows more air flow, creating a lean mixture, meaning you must either retune or rejet, depending on cirumstances.

Comment

Ok, my next task is re-jetting. But first I'm not too clear on something. My high speed jet is fixed, so there is no adjuster screw, i understand that. Now I'm going to increase my jet size up by one. So, my question is; do i need to replace the jet inside the carb and/or the fixed jet outside the carb? I'm not too sure on this because i think both jets (inside and out) are the same size.

[ June 10, 2002, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: lownrangr ]
      Triple L Racing<br />Novice Runabout 1200 Stock<br />Region 6, #713

Comment

Working...
      X