Not starting 98 TS640

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not starting 98 TS640

I have a 1998 Tigershark TS640. I was on the water and cut the engine off to wait for my turn to load on the trailer. I went to fire the engine up after a couple of minutes and nothing. I finally got it out of the water. The starter relay (soilenoid) is clicking once every third of fourth time you hit the start switch. This is all that it is doing. I replaced the relay at the cost of $110 thinking that this was my problem. I was wrong, it is still doing the same thing. Yes, the battery has a full charge. If you have any suggestions I would really appreciate the help.
    Thank you

[ July 03, 2002, 03:08 AM: Message edited by: GWest ]

Check the positive and negetive cables havn't fatigued under the heat shrink at both ends and you got a good connection at the terminals.Short across the solenoid real quick (big terminals) and see if it can engage the starter.(eliminates solenoid ) Maybe you aint got a full charge!How did you test?

Comment

If the solinoid only clicks one every 3-4 time you press the starter button then it sounds like the starter button itself has a problem. Also if you short acrost the large terminals and the engine does not turn over check the ground and pos. terminals between the starter and the solinoid. Take them off and clean with sandpaper and reinstall. If all this failes take the starter off and check it on the bench with a battery and jumper cables to see if it is bad.
      Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
      X