Another starter problem + many more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another starter problem + many more

Ok I dont know it this went through the first time so I've typed it again. Ive been driving down too many country roads tonight (if you know what i mean) [img]graemlins/spit.gif[/img]
    I have a 95 Montego it used to be a rental and then it was kept in a pond for a couple of years. I posted a question about a bad vibration and you said it probably has a bent shaft. Well now my starter locked up. I removed it and it has water in it and the front bearing has rollers missing. I am getting a little water inside the hull (from a leaking bearing)?. How much (approx) is this going to cost to get a kit (or replace) the starter, replace the bearing and replace the shaft? [img]/graemlins/angryfire.gif[/img] should I just carve a canoo out of wood and play in the water with it? [img]graemlins/buck.gif[/img]

Thank you SOOO much for answering all my questions. you have been very helpfull, It's hard to belive this is FREE service. THANK'S SBT for making this possible :D

The starter will be at least $200, the shaft will be a couple hundred more and you bearing will be somewhere between $50 and $100.

Comment

Working...
    X