Over heating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over heating

Hello can anyone tell me what to look for that will cause a over heating situation on my wife's 95 Momte Carlo ? We bought it used last summer, The top end was tore down and it had a broken piston skirt ,so i had it bored and fit oversized pistons , Put it back together and it ran fine for the remainder of last season . Put in in the water this season and maybe have put about 5 hours on it and it's heating up to a point where the water hose that goes into the top of the muffler is mealting off. I am not really shure if i have all the cooling lines routed correctly as they were mostly already removed when we purchased the craft, and the manual i have really has no clear pics of all the cooling lines but like i say it ran fine last season . Also it has been run in some pretty shallow muddy water could there be a restriction someplace ? ( The water strainer did not look bad when i cleaned it !) The heat sensor is working atleast it is going into the rich mode when it heats up. THANKS!!!

There is no such thing as 'going into rich mode'.

If you are truely overheating then you have a blockage or have misrouted the lines. Where do you have them, and have you taken them all off and checked them and all the fittings yet?

Comment

Hi Bryan thanks for the quick reply ! I thought it alittle strange when I read in my manual on page 100 it says the heat sensor located on the exhaust elbow causes the engine to go into a rich mode if temperature rises above 100 + -3 celsius 206 +- 5 fahrenheit. sence there are no wires going into the carb. So I assume that what it does is change the ign. timming to a point to where it 4 cycles. As for the way I have the hoses routed it's from the stator venturi to the strainer then it tees one hose goes to cylinder block under the exhaust elbow the other is going to a fitting in the exhaust elbow. Then the discharge comes out of te thermastat housing tees and one hose goes out the side of the craft the other goes back into the top of the muffler this is the one that mealted . There is also a small hose that comes out the top of the thermastat housing that the manual shows going into the exhaust elbow next to the heat sensor . But there is no port on the exhaust elbow for this small hose to hook up to so I just blocked it off. i also have a short jumper hose that conects the exhaust elbow to the exhaust manifold, this jumper hose has always been questionable to me ! I really do need a diagram .showing the correct routing of these cooling lines! Anyways hope you can help THANKS! again

Comment

Working...
      X