Tigershart reliability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tigershart reliability

I have an opportunity to purchase a 1999 tigershark 1000 ski. I am not familiar (yet) with the reliability and/or reputation of these craft. I would like some better qualitfied opinions on things like; parts avalability, overall reliability relative to the other brand skiis, etc. I would also like to know if there are any particulars to look at when inspecting this ski prior to purchase? One last thing, if purchased, what preventive maintenance should be completed immediately.

Reliability is so-so, parts are almost non-existant and very expensive. I would pass.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I have owned a shark for 4 years now and it has been wonderful. It hasn't given me an ounce of problems. Sharks are now out of production, 99 being the last year, but parts are easy - I have needed some minor stuff - to come by if you a an Arctic Cat dealer near by.

Steve

Comment

You will find that is the exception not the rule. I have had hundreds of phone calls and posts from Tigershark owners finding that the parts supply is almost dried up, most Artic Cat dealers won't touch the skis anymore, and the parts that ARE available have been marked up 3x as much.

Just search the Tigershark section here alone and you'll find the same result.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

wow, some consumers are dumb then. All you gotta do is look around. I have absoutly NO problems getting anything at all. Prices are the same as they were when they were in production too. And this is from a Cat dealer. Why do people think as soon as production stops that part production stops too. Well newsflash people, it doesn't.
          Triple L Racing<br />Novice Runabout 1200 Stock<br />Region 6, #713

Comment

oh yeah, if your looking for factory parts with no stupid mark up go to www.roguejets.net he has probably anything you need.
            Triple L Racing<br />Novice Runabout 1200 Stock<br />Region 6, #713

Comment

i bought my 97 ts 640 1 year ago for 1500.00
              trailer and all. it looks brand new. i rode it for 1 year then thru a rod, as far as i'm concerned i got my 1500.00 worth. i am now buying a new engine from sbt, i figure i'll have a 2400.00 in the ski when i'm complete, and i'm happy with the fact i'll have a new looking ski with a new engine and new trailler for 2400.00. there is no dealer that will work on the ski here, and i have to get parts online.if you;re willing to do the work yourself.i believe it's a fine ski for the low price you can get one for.

Comment

I bought a tigershark about a 2 years ago, I had to put a set of pistons in it (one was burnt). I gave $700.00 for it , bought a wiseco top end kit for $293 and rode it for a year and sold it for $1600. I now have a 98 gsxl and when I go to the lake, I have to take my tools. A tigershark isn't the fastest thing on the water,but it was reliable and a fun ride.

Comment

What a cool connection for Tigershark parts I found. Call Kevin at 606-561-4983, www.ktoutdoors.com/parts_howtoreachus.htm
                  BY FAR the best price I've found AND they will DROP-SHIP to your door from Artic Cat. Them him Jim sent ya.

Comment

Jim, I think the reason you found a good deal on the 900 is because they are out of production.. therefor the price should be substantially lower than a comparable kawasaki, Yamaha, Seadoo.. it's a bit of a gamble.. save a bunch up front on purchase.. but perhaps have more (or much more) difficulty having it repaired... can you do your own work?

Comment

Yes I can do work. I think, based on the input here, that I may buy and resell this ski to make a couple of bucks (as it is very clean) and stick to the makes that are stilll in roduction.

Comment

That's a funny comment, In my area there are Kawasaki/Polaris/Yamaha deales that won't even work on them if they are out of warranty. I think you have to take each model and see what the loacal dealer is willing to do before you make acrost the board judgements.
                        Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
                        X