not getting oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not getting oil

I think I have big troubles, I took the ski to the lake this weekend for the first time. started right up and ran great for about 300 yards...cut out like killing ignition...started back up ran for a minute then quit again..got towed in, seemed to be overheating,,, checked thermastat seemed ok.. then noticed in line oil filter was empty. oil tank is full..filter is clean...is my oil pump gone??? do you think I have done major damage to engine? is oil pump something I can change myself? Handy with tools but know nothing about jetskis or small engines.. thanks

IF your pump has failed and you seized it due to lack of oil, the engine is shot. Yes replacing the pump is all of 30 seconds and 2 bolts.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

The motor never seized and turns over fine...I am going to try and get a new oil pump tommorrow.....If not available can I pre-mix the gas and oil and run it that way with the old pump in place?

Comment

Ditch the pump they are nothing but problems. Get a block off and be done with it. It will run the same without it useing premix.
        Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
        X