Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main electric circuit

Hello everyone,

I have a 97 Daytona 770 which I bought a month ago and there is something wrong with some component in the electrical system. When I took the ski on its first trip, NONE of the guages (except speedo) as well as the trim and bilge pump was working.

Then all of a sudden while I was riding, the guages (rev counter,fuel tank) and bilge pump started to work. When I took it out yesterday on its second trip, they did not work again. If I press the bilge pump switch, I only hear a relay clicking, but somehow there is some electric component that appears not to give power to any other of the electric peripherals.

Logically I would think that there must be some kind of relay to give power to these peripherals only when the engine is running otherwise you would get power leaks if they are permanently connected. Which component would it possibly be, and where is it located or is there perhaps somewhere a main loose wire ? I have opened up both black boxes and couldn't see any loose wire.

I have checked the main 4 amp fuse, and the battery is a brand new one with enough power. Can someone please give me some direction as to where I can start looking.

Many thanks in advance, I am getting grey hair about this as I am not an electronic fundi.

Regards
    Anton.

I believe the CDI controls everything on that model, might be wrong...but it may need to be changed if you really don't have any loose connections.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X