Bad pump or bearing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad pump or bearing?

I have a '93 tigershark that i bought needing a jetpump ( stupid me!) I finnally found a rebuilt one and replaced the complete bearing assembly on the shaft to the pump and had the dealer check the shaft to make sure it wasnt bent. I took it out for a ride and the shaft gets too hot to touch after about five minutes and the motor acts like its got a lot of drag on it. Did i get a crapy pump or is the bearing assembly bad? I have a manual but theres no mention of this bearing on the shaft anywhere. It took the dealer awhile to find a picture of it on there microfice. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Even if its to trash the piece of **** thanks.

Re: Bad pump or bearing?

Take a look at the micro fiche online at

www.brownsleisureworld.com

you can order parts there as well... prices online

Brian

Comment

Sounds like a bad alignment.

Comment

The 93 Tigershark Has A Block Bearing On The Driveshaft Between The Pump And Motor. They Are Very!! Sensitive To Proper Alignment Using Shims. I Have Replaced Several Of Them Over The Years And They Are A Big!!! Pain. Be Totally Sure That You Have Proper Alignment In The Area Or You Will Have Nothing But Problems. Vibration And Noise. Eventually The Rubber Coupler And Pump Bearings Will Fail If Not Perfectly Aligned. I Have Also Seen Them Tear Up The Motor Mounts. Good Luck.
        WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

Working...
        X