Frozen Bendix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen Bendix

My Bendix froze a couple of years ago and I removed the Stator and was able to work it loose without pulling the flywheel and soak it with WD-40. It worked for two years but did it again a couple of weeks ago so I did the same thing and now it is working fine. I remember reading a post on another discussion board last summer where someone claimed that Arctic Cat released a service bulletin claiming to add 2 to 3 ounces of two cycle oil inside the Stator housing thru the opening where the timing can be checked to keep the bendix from freezing. I was not about to attempt this because it sounded really stupid. I cannot imagine a couple of ounces of oil bouncing around inside the flywheel housing while it is turning 6000 to 7000 RPM. Anyone ever heard of this? Wouldn't it totally destroy the Stator and switch that sends the signal to the CDI unit for the firing??

Re: Frozen Bendix

I don't think it would hurt anything but it isn't common to do that. Just use a good grease and it should stay lubed threw it's life.

If yours is rusting up check your bellows on the bottom of the case you may be getting water inside the mag case from there or the gasket itself. Try to get it sealed and it shouldn't rust anymore.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

But wouldn't adding oil completely disrupt the electrical system?? In addition to the Bendix it would get all over the Flywheel, Stator, and timing switch that contacts the magnets on the flywheel.

Comment

I have had customers to do it by getting bad advise from other sources. They ran fine and they had filled them up with a quart of premix oil.
        Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
        X