97 Montego 640

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 Montego 640

Hi all, I was wonderring whether i could get a little help. I purchased a 97 Montego 640 with what i thought was a broken bottom end, on closer inspection the Impeller was the actual cause of the all the rattling. The Engine appears to be in decent shape.
    In short the impeller internals are completely shot, the impeller shaft is chewed to misery, the bearings, spacers and seals dont even exist anymore (this thing must have been ridden for the season in this awful state), the wear ring has a few scrapes however is probably toast as well. The impeller strangely enough looks to be in ok shape, however it does have signs of cavitation.
    I have located a new impeller shaft at a very good price and am in the process of locating the other parts I need. Does anyone have the part number for the bearings so that I may aquire them from NAPA or an Auto Parts store? I will have to buy the spacers and o-rings from rogue jets as they are a custom part. I havent been able to locate a wear ring anyplace however :(
    The ski is also missing the speedo attachment that goes trough the hull, I was going to just replace the speedo with a tach, any suggestions here?

I apologise for the length of the post, I only received the ski 3 days ago and am excited as $%%% to get it up and running.

:(

Re: 97 Montego 640

Sounds like a fun project!

Unfortunately the bearings aren't a shelf item at an auto store. You can order them from an Artic Cat dealer, or wait a few weeks (I know you probably can't) and get them from us - we are just about ready to release our Pump Parts section of the store.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

It is realistically going to take me another two weeks or so to gather together most of the other items I need. I know I can obtain the bearings from a dealer for around 25 bucks a piece, will you be around that price range as well? Also will you have the spacers/seals as well. If so I may as well wait until you get your items in stock.
      Cant get the ski to the water yet anyways as I need to get a hitch for the wifes solara, I dont like the thought of a hitch on my RX8

Comment

I know what you mean about the hitch - I couldn't bear to put one on my MCS either :)

Yes we'll have those as well. We will be below OEM prices, but I don't have specifics in front of me.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Do you have an actual timeframe as to when you will have the pump parts available from your store? I would rather purchase from here, that way i can have confidence I am getting the correct parts.

Comment

Working...
          X