exhaust mounting bolts for 640?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust mounting bolts for 640?

Does anyone know what size bolts mount the 640 tigersharks exhaust down by the head? I got a new pipe and head but the bolts striped out when the pipe cracked and rattled the bolts into a frenzy.
    Thanks MR WONDERFUL

Re: exhaust mounting bolts for 640?

What year and model?

bolts for exhaust manifold to pipe?
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Originally posted by dank
      What year and model?

bolts for exhaust manifold to pipe?
      The montego is a 95 model and its the 2 bolts that mount from the exhaust pipe into the head area. This montego is a pain in the major a@#!! I also have the 96' monte carlo, which seems to be built 110% better. And the whole design of it is more solid and reliable. Anyways enough whinning by me...I'm thinkin those bolts are close to a 9mm but Im not sure on the lenght? or if thats the correct size? Anything is helpful, I don't have a manual, but have discovered that working on tigersharks is pretty easy. Well, I can't say its really working on them, its more like being a parts changer. Theres enough a parts market out there to replace anything!!! ;)

Comment

They should be SS Grade-8 10mm and around 30-35mm long with a flat washer and lock washer.

Thease are the two bolts that hold the expansion chanber to the side of the exhaust manifold. Be sure not to tighten them up until all gasket surfaces are alinged and tightened first. You may need to shim it if there is a gap between the pipe and manifold.

Use a ratchet type open end wrench and it is very easy.

Comment

Originally posted by dank
          They should be SS Grade-8 10mm and around 30-35mm long with a flat washer and lock washer.

Thease are the two bolts that hold the expansion chanber to the side of the exhaust manifold. Be sure not to tighten them up until all gasket surfaces are alinged and tightened first. You may need to shim it if there is a gap between the pipe and manifold.

Use a ratchet type open end wrench and it is very easy.
          Thanks, I got the 10 mm size now and Im using short studed ones with a bolt on the end, this way I can lock tight in the 10mm studs and still remove the pipe easy. Thus preventing the bolts from backing out and striping out the exhaust manifold again. If the pipe cracks it shimmys and rattles those bolts so fast everythings busted before you realize the pipe is cracked. ...Thanks for the bolt size thou...This montego is a piece of engineering crap. I'm trading it in on a new yamaha here pretty quick but I want it running. Do you have any info on proplems w/ the 04' yamaha's? The dealer has several new floor models cheap that didn't sell.

Comment

Hate to say it but IMO the Montego is one of the most reliable ski's made simalar to the Yamaha 500-650 waverunners. They are also one of the best to work on. They run for years and years without doing a thing other than chaging the pump oil and keeping fuel and oil in it.

What model Yamaha's are you looking at?

Comment

Working...
            X