640 motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 640 motor

well i purchased a montego 640 from ebay and found out the motor is shot the pistons were rusted/melted to the walls I had to cut one of the con rods to get it out. the crankcse was full of sand. I think i can heat up the piston and pund the heck out of it to remove it.

Were can I found a junk yard or somewhere to locate a used 640 motor I do not have the money to purchase a newly rebult one.

I also have a 1997 montego 640 that runs great after i put the drive shaft update kit in it. What would be the best wat to maybe get a little more power out of it. thanks email me if you have or know were to find a used 640 motor thanks cuffnstuff1@hotmail.com

Re: 640 motor

I may have a good core engine. I will post tonight.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

great thanks let me know

Comment

Just to clarify - I think Dank means he has a good 'core' engine - as in, one that is not running but good to trade-in on a rebuilt unit. Finding a good running used 640 will be almost impossible. Engines are rarely sold in good condition without the rest of the ski. You can try the salvage yards (listed in the tech section), that will be your best bet.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Correct all I have is a good core engine for rebuild.
          Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

a good core would be ok I know it will still be expensive to rebuld but I will look around

Comment

have you found a good 640 or are you rebuilding? i have a lead on one in jax fla that does run good havent checked comp yet thou.

Comment

Originally posted by cuffnstuff1
                a good core would be ok I know it will still be expensive to rebuld but I will look around

I check rebuilds @SBT in Florida and The price for rebuild there is $810 total w/shipping to Mass. They send a prepaid shipping crate for the core to be sent back after you recieve a short block from them. They have a great streaming video showing what they actually do to there motors. http://www.sbtontheweb.com/seadoo-se...es/engines.htm:emoticoni

Comment

ive got a 640 daytona 1995. runs great was in the watter untill about a hour ago. if you still need one let me know. Scott

Comment

Working...
                  X