640 Monte Carlo Wont Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 640 Monte Carlo Wont Start

At the end of last summer I was rinsing out my 640(while running) and it died and wouldnt restart. I figured I had got something wet. being the expert that I am(HA), I let it sit. So now its time to pull it out and it still wont start. I have fuel....I have spark but it seems kinda weak so I am changing the coil today. I hope someone can give me an idea of what else I should be looking at. It ran great all summer till the rinsing out fiasco. Thanks!!

Re: 640 Monte Carlo Wont Start

What exactly did you do while 'rinsing it out'? Have you done a compression check? How is your battery - what voltages do you get standing and cranking?
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

what I did was put some water in the hull to let the bilge pump rinse (not a good idea?) So I changed the coil....nothing. I have good compression and a brand new battery. I put it in the shop yesterday to diagnose the problem....They refuse to work on it cause they say they cant get parts..blah blah blah, well I can get parts I just need to know the problem.

Comment

If you have spark,compression and fuel it should run unless the spark is out of time.

You should try this.

1. new spark plugs.
        2. 1oz premix down each carb.
        3. hold throttle at 1/2 open.
        4. Crank over for 10 sec.

If it does not start then you have problems with the compression or spark.
        Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
          X