95 Tigershark Montego Spark Plug Gap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 Tigershark Montego Spark Plug Gap

Hi everyone, i'm new to this forum, good to have somewhere to turn for help. i just bought new NKG sparkplugs for my 95 Tigershark Montego and didn't know what the correct spark plug gap was. any help would be appreciated. thanks!

Ben

Re: 95 Tigershark Montego Spark Plug Gap

NGK plugs are pre-gapped at the factory, just install and use them the way they came out of the box.

Comment

Re: 95 Tigershark Montego Spark Plug Gap

ok, thanks alot

-Ben

Comment

Ngk Plugs

Are pre-gapped at the factory......well...sort of....I would not trust them...... This is directly form NGK's website FAQ's

Q: Do I need to set the "gap" when installing a new set of plugs?

A: Maybe. A spark plug part number might fit hundreds of engines and, although the factory will typically set the gap to a pre-selected setting, this may not be the right gap for your particular engine. Insufficient spark plug gap can cause pre-ignition, detonation and even engine damage. Too much gap can result in a higher rate of misfires, loss of power, plug fouling and poor fuel economy. It is always best to check the gap against the manufacturer's specifications.

Another consideration that should be taken into account is the extent of any modifications that you may have made to the engine. As an example, when you raise compression or add forced induction (a turbo system, nitrous or supercharger kit) you must reduce the gap (about .004" for every 50 hp you add). However, when you add a high power ignition system (such as those offered by MSD, Crane, Nology) you can open the gap from .002-.005".

If you have any questions, please contact the NGK Sparkplugs Tech Staff here. The manufacturer of your vehicle, the company that produced the aftermarket products you've used and/or your mechanic are all additional sources of gapping information if you've modified your vehicle.
        John Kubiak
        Powersports Technical Training Professional
        Las Vegas, Nevada
        Sea-Doo Tech 13736
        PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
        PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
        NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
        Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X