jetting twin carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jetting twin carbs

i live in southern utah and own a 98 tigershark ts770l and am wanting to jet it was wondering if anyone had advice on what sizes of jets to run in it and wondering what else i could do to improve the performance.

Re: jetting twin carbs

Stock jetting work well close to sea level, What elevation are you? You may need to lean it out if you are up there.

What is your performance now? GPS speed ect.

There are not a lot of upgrades to the Tigershark line but there are a few tricks you can do to help a little. 1-2MPH.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

my elevation is 2800 feet but i moved from missouri which elevation there is 1350 and that is where i bought the jet ski from. what other little things can i do to my jet ski to improve the performance

Comment

the speed of my ski is around 48-50mph

Comment

That is good performance from a 770cc three seater.

You can shave the head a little and that will give it more bottom end. You could also inspect the jet pump to see if it needs attention.

You should do some plug readings to see how the carbs are working before you adjust them. Get a SBN manual from Mikuni also it will help with carb tuning.

Comment

would planing the head be worth the improvement. i am installing a oil injection block off kit on it what is the easiest way to drain the gas out of the reserve tank and what mixture would you suggest running would you stick to 50-1

Comment

i have a set of boysen pro series reeds and was going to replace the stock ones do i need to change anything with the carbs if i do this

Comment

40:1 Yamalube 2W

There is no separate reserve tank just two fuel pickups in the tank one is deeper then the other. You can just mix a gal. of fuel with the correct ammount of oil for a full tank and pour it in the tank then fill it up all the way. It will mix with the fuel in the tank.

You should spray a little fogging oil down the carbs when you start it for the first time on the trailer while flushing for the first 30sec. That should give it time to circulate the premixed fuel into the fuel lines and carbs.

Comment

Working...
                X