aftermarket flame arrestors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aftermarket flame arrestors

i own a 98 770 and was wondering if putting flame arrestors on would be a good investment but i havent been able to find anyone that sells them for a 98 need some advice

Re: aftermarket flame arrestors

They would not help the performance. And since the carbs high speed circut is non adjustable you would have to oder internal jets to make the needed jetting changes. If you want a faster ski you may have to sell that one and get a ski with a larger engine. That would be you cheepist route.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

yes you would probably have to re-jet, but adding f/a's you'll notice a difference in accleration. I got mine from parker yamaha and they sell the adaptors too.
      Triple L Racing<br />Novice Runabout 1200 Stock<br />Region 6, #713

Comment

I have tried Prock filters on my 770's and they didn't change anything on GPS speed other than it was easier to get to the carb adjusters with the stock box removed.

It may be a little faster now that my wallet is lighter?
        Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

top speed? no I don't think it helps with that, at least it's not noticable, but you get there quicker. In closed course, top speed isn't the most important, it's handeling and accleration and with the latter, I have noticed a difference. How many racers out there run the stock air box? Probably not many !! ;)
          Triple L Racing<br />Novice Runabout 1200 Stock<br />Region 6, #713

Comment

Working...
          X