reverse on 98 770

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reverse on 98 770

i own a 98 ts770l and the reverse is not working it seems to be binding up have they had trouble with this happening and if so what usually goes bad

Re: reverse on 98 770

I have a friend with pump problems on a montego and need to now where to get parts (impeller)

Comment

Yes it does not work very well. Not a lot to do but keep it lubed.
      Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

the problem is the lever wont relase the reverse is there something that usually goes wrong that causes that.

Comment

First remove the cable from the reverse bucket and make sure the cable and leaver are not rusted up. If they move free then the problem is with the reverse bucket on the rear of the ski. Try to operate it without the cable on it and you will see how it is suppose to work.

Comment

the cable works fine i just cant get the bucket to release itself

Comment

You will have to take apart the hardware that controls the bucket lock and see what is jammed up. It may even be the bucket itself.

Comment

Hey if you ever figure this out let me know. I have a 98 1000 and the same thing---it wont come unlocked from the up position (no matter if you pull as hard as you can or lightly), but if you opperate it manually by the bucket--moving the latch out of "up" it will freely move down. And no problem to get it back up.

-john

Comment

Working...
                X