95 640 Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 640 Daytona

I am putting the exhaust back on the 640 and I have some questions I got the ski with the pipes off and in a box.

The termostat is mounted on the exhaust does it need to be set in greese to work?

There are three water lines where do they go?

I have a couple of stainless supports what do they hook up to?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: 95 640 Daytona

If you didn't make the lines when you took it apart then it will be tough without a manual. I have them and could fax the diagram to you.

Use a little dilectric greese on it to help with heat transfer and getting it back out later.

The L stainless support mounts to the front of the mag cover and up to the red pipe. The angle bracket mounts to the front right cylinder bolt and up to the same spot on the red pipe. Get all the bolts started first and then tighten them up.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

let me look at my daytona and tell u where the hoses go... the manual sucks the pics dont show where the lines acutally go

Comment

I have the service supplement that was given to us at the SharkMaster school.
        Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I think I figgured out what was wrong with this ski. Some one along the way took a grinder to the exhaust at the manifold bolts and made a hole in the exhaust water jacket. This made the thermostat think the engine was overheating and shut down the boat. The pipe is getting welded and a new gasket is on the way. Next questions are......

What is the torque specs for the exhaust bolts?

Does the gasket need any kind of gasket sealer on it?

What kind of locktite do i use for bolts?

The ski was apart when I got it so any help with cooling lines and where they go would be helpful.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X